Monday, March 30, 2009

St. Xavier's - My School

Welcome to SXG (St. Xavier's Godavari)! I hope you enjoy the pictures and mini tour of my school. I think it can give you a decent idea of our environment at the school....well, minus the students, but I don't think I could potray that through a blog even if I tried! The sign at the gate.
The walkway entering the school....this is the first building you would walk past and another one identical would be on your right side as well.
After passing the between the first two buildings you are in the main part of the campus. This hall is used for art classes and music. (I think...I have yet to go in it!)
To the right is the building for class 8 and the building at the back is the main office and the staff room. We have staff rooms with our desks because we do not stay in one class room...the students stay put during the day and the teachers rotate in to teach their subject. I don't really like it, but I'm getting used to it....definitely keep the day busy and interesting!
This is one of the oldest and main buildings. This is Xavier Hall and it is now the residence for the six Jesuit brothers and priests and at the back is the teachers canteen (where we eat our dal bhaat for lunch everyday).
This blacktop is soon to become my domain! I will be coaching the girls basketball teams...grades 6-10 and this is our main court. The building to the left has two computer labs and a science lab and at the back is the students lunch canteen.
You can see this wall right when you enter the main capus. Live for God, Lead for Nepal has been the motto for the school since it was started. Many of the teachers and students are very proud of SXG and this saying. A lot of our students do go on to be successful leaders in and around the Kathmandu Valley.
This is the lower staff room, which is where my desk is. It is really close to my homeroom class that I start with each morning so that is nice. Also, this is the second basketball court, but the ping pong tables in the background get a lot more use!
This is the back of Loyola hal, which was in an early picture, and the volleyball court. I think we have a boys volleyball team but not a girls team.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Emily,
Nice to see so many lovely pictures of my old scholl. I graduated fron SXG in 1992. I am now working as a doctor in the UK. There are few of us here in the UK graduated from Godavari. I'll let them know about your blog.
My regards to your mates as well.
Namaste.
Pankaj

neha said...

hi emily miss
I am student of your school and friend of kusum dhungana.As i know u are also a conductor of our tam panthers. The picture u kept online was very nice. The pictures were vvvvvverrrry beeaautiful. If u can u cand send me message miss.
regards neha

mushroomed said...

hamro pyaro ramro school St Xaviers, St Xaviers..

Renegademaster said...

gyan ko batti baali deu St xavier's st xavier's....

another one who graduated from SXG in 1992 grade 6...... just wanted to comment that the building u namde as loyola hall used to be called Kostka Hall after (if i am not mistaken) the youngest Christian saint. It was also called Bungalow hall or just Bungalow by many students cos, well, it is a bungalow!!! and beside it was the Bungalow field where we played kickball. This building was the fiefdom of 5th graders.

Unknown said...

hello emily miss,
i saw your blog when i was searching for some information for my paper, where i have to write about a building. i am planning to write about our bungalow.
the pictures you have beautiful although lot of reforms has been made and two more buildings has been added.
i am now in the Iowa, US and i came here two months ago. i never had a class with you but you were in the school when i was there as a student. but i had lots of basketball practices with you.

kanti dahal
batch of 2011/12