Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sports Day (Part 2)

Yes....even the teachers have to get dirty and participate in Sports Day. The male and female teachers have to take turns in tug of war and a relay race with the parents. The male teachers dominated winning both of their events. The females...well, we got torn up by the moms in the tug of war but had a stronger showing in the relay. Being that I was the youngest female teacher...and have yet to have any children of my own, the running was more my event.
The male teachers taking down the dads in tug of war.
The senior boys relay....I think they are getting ready for the 4 x 100 relay.
I helped "coach" the girls relay teams, which just means about a week of after school practicing with the baton. But, the girls were awesome! Our teams took the first and second places at our own school and the next day we competed at another school and this team took second, with a baton drop!..which means they would have had first no problem.
All of the Panthers watching the events.
I was given the five extra girls that were not involved in the pyramids yet. We came up with this set and the girls had fun. The little one on top had no fear and just climbed right up every time!
The PT display for the parents. Starting in class 1 the kids have to do PT during the games period. It is kind of an old school style jumping jack-type routine. The older kids are really thrilled about it on sports day.
The final score! My team had a strong finish in 2nd place.

2 comments:

mushroomed said...

I was in Panthers team as well. Never changed teams from 1987( class 1) to class 1992 ( class 6 )..

mikita said...

I was always in Panthers too!